NCAS Level 3 Coaches Course
Level 3 Coaching Course - Performance Coach
The Performance Coach program is aimed at coaches intending to work with State level teams, junior National teams and School head coaches. This program aims to develop the coach’s concepts of applied sports science, program management skills and the ability to develop less experienced coaches within their network.
This is a 5 day residential course in Canberra conducted by Rowing Australia and the NRCE, plus post-course coaching requirements. Coaches will be assessed against relevant competencies and must have completed the following requirements.
- Club/School Coach (Level 2) completed
- State level Club crews/National Jnr Teams/ School Head Coach
- 1 year of coaching experience as a Club/School Coach
- Units (2,12 ) Intermediate Coaching General Principles Completed
For more information on when the next Level 3 will be held contact Rowing Australia on 02 6214 7526.
Level 4 Coaching Accreditation - High Performance Coach
The High Performance Coach program is an advanced accreditation level. This program trains coaches who are essentially professional head coaches working within high performance clubs or National Training Center networks and coaching elite athletes.
This program aims to train the coach to apply their coaching skills in a holistic manner, and work with a team of sports science experts to assist athletes to achieve excellence. It focuses on the role of the coach as a program manager and will rely on expert coaches to act as a mentor.
2 day workshop then 12 months-2 years to complete depending on the candidates coaching workload and commitments.
- Performance Coach (Level 3) completed
- 1 year of coaching experience as a Performance Coach
- Note: Entry to the High Performance Coach course must be approved by the NRCE
For more information on when the next Level 4 will be held contact Rowing Australia on 02 6214 7526.