Looking for a Coach?
Or are you a coach looking for a club or school?
Coaching opportunity in Vanuatu.
The Rowing Development Officer will work with Vanuatu Rowing Association (VRA) to increase community participation in rowing, especially women, youth and Ni-Vanuatu.
The role aims to grow the sport in Vanuatu at both the community and elite level. It will afford greater opportunity for individuals to advance their skills and compete in regional and international rowing tournaments as well as promoting healthy lifestyles for local people.
This assignment involves contact with children
• Broaden access and membership to the Vanuatu Rowing Club
• Increase awareness of the Club on a national, regional and international level
• Develop an elite rower’s program
• Increase counterpart capacity in administration, operation, maintenance and program delivery
Essential Minimum Qualifications required:
• Level 2 (Club/School Coach) qualification in rowing coaching
Essential Minimum Experience required:
• Administrative experience in rowing clubs
• One year of experience coaching rowing
• Representation at a State or National level in international rowing competitions.
• Experience working with children and/or school groups
• Experience in sports program development and/or management
The role starts in September 2013.
It is a programme for Australians between 18 and 30. It is funded at a reasonable level.
Details are available on the AusAID website http://www.ayad.com.au/assignments The profile of the assignment is:
Assignment Number: AY0413VU05
Assignment Position Title: Rowing Development Officer
Location: Port Vila, Vanuatu
Duration: 12 months
Applications close 21st April 2013 at 5:30pm Canberra time – no late applications will be accepted.